WeddingsOne of Essex’s top wedding venues
One of the top wedding venues in Essex
The Reid Rooms is a converted, handsome weather-boarded barn set in the heart of the beautiful Essex countryside offering rural peace and seclusion, ideal for weddings.
Originally built in 1810 as stables for the working horses on the farm, The Reid Rooms wedding venue has been tastefully converted to the highest standard to create an intimate and relaxed atmosphere. Inside, there is a wealth of exposed timber beams and fittings; reflecting the long history of The Reid Rooms, as barns for the working farm.
The Reid Rooms offers a linked series of rooms surrounding a landscaped courtyard. This gives great flexibility, allowing guests to enjoy reception time in either the courtyard and gardens or inside the function rooms and evening guests can opt to gather for quiet conversation in the lounge, whilst others enjoy a disco in the bar.
The Reid Rooms wedding venue hire includes:
- Exclusive use of the venue for the day (from 9.00 am, music and bar cease at 12.00 midnight and all guests must vacate the premises by 12.30 am)
- Licensed for all civil ceremonies
- Opportunity to provide your own drinks for the reception and wedding breakfast – no corkage or service charge
- Your choice of caterers and use of kitchen facilities (caterers must provide cutlery, crockery, china, glassware, linen and waiting staff as well as own form of refrigeration for food)
- Fully licensed staffed bar for the evening reception
- Comfortable, relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- Professional guidance and assistance on the day
- Attractive courtyard and gardens
- Tables and chairs as required (sample table layouts available on request)
- Rehearsal/final meeting prior to the wedding
- Cleaning of the venue
- Disabled access
Marks Hall Farmhouse, the luxury on-site wedding accommodation, is provisionally allocated to the bride and groom for the night of the wedding. Room hire prices and details can be found on the Marks Hall Farmhouse page.